The past week has been a productive one in terms of solving a few drainage problems. Firstly, the back off the 2nd green, we have traced an old drain and dugout a trench into the wet area to connect the two. Around the 4th green we have opened up a working drain so that a new trench can be put in to dry up the whole area. Two areas have been dug between the 5th and 7th fairways and are now running well, the same has been done to the back of the 3rd green. The wet spot near the ninth has been successfully drained along with the wet area on the left hand side of the 11th fairway.
The week ahead we will be focusing on improving some of the path surfaces, continuing with drainage work and also starting some of the tree removal around the course.